I am a big fan of finding bars that taste good, have low calories, are high in fiber and minimal on the carb side.
Meal Replacements bars are great when you are on the go and need to find a supplement to your nurtition when you don’t have time to prepare meals. Bars have come a long way and actually taste like candy bars these days. The key thing to look for is total calories, saturated fat, sugars and protein. If the bar has additional fiber and small doses of sugar alcohols, then that makes the bar even better!
Whenever I go to the drugstore, I always search for these top 6 delicious protein bars:
1. Myoplex Carbsense: I love their Apple Cinnamon Flavor, Peanut Butter and Strawberry.
2. Atkins Low Carb Bar. Personal favorites is almond brownie and smores.
3. Snickers Marathon Low Carb Bar. At only 170 calories a bar with 7 grams of Fiber, I was hooked on the peanut butter flavor!
4. Think Thin: Love, Love, Love the chunky peanut butter on this one!
5. Detour Bars: I loved these when they came out: Now I stick to the minature versions.
6. Luna Bars: I eat this when I’m limited in choices and at a Health food store – I love the lime and cafe latte flavors.