It’s getting late (it’s 9:30pm but it’s late to me) and I really want to go to sleep, but I also really want to update my Mommy Fitness Blog since it’s been a few weeks since I’ve written something about my fitness. So here are some random thoughts.
– I am getting a lot of emails about what I do, I wish I can write everyone back more efficiently and respond more thoroughly but it’s tough. Firstly, I don’t have the time. Secondly, I don’t like giving bad advice. I would never tell someone to train the way I do because my body and fitness history is different.
– For example – today, I am VERY sore. I’m so sore that I had a pity meal because I felt sorry for myself. I trained lower body yesterday and my workout was as follows:
4 sets of 20 barbell squats SUPERSET with plie squats
4 sets of 20 barbell deadlifts SUPERSET with jumping squats
3 sets of 10 one legged lunges (one leg on bench) SUPERSET with step ups
3 sets of 10 one legged squats SUPERSET with side raise leg lift (on each side)
This entire routine took me about 40 minutes and I was completely WIPED OUT today from it. I would never tell someone to perform this routine…but since many have asked, here it is.
– My eating needs to be improved. When I’m tired or stressed I tend to snack on cereal…which is usually Honey Bunches of Oats or Cheerios in my house.
– Speaking of stress, I’ve been working overtime every night for the last month. I can’t differentiate weekends anymore and feel like going to bed before 10pm is a luxury!
– I feel like I need to re-focus and set some goals again. I also need to start writing down everything I eat because I think I’m eating more than I should.
– Tomorrow I am so busy. I have to drop my son to school, assess a patient, drive to SF, attend a couple meetings and witness my best guy friend get married. I really should sleep right now.
– I have a few writing assignments due and oh. my. gosh. – it’s so tough to write right now!
– I’m so happy to have so many new “likes” on my Facebook page!
If I could offer some initial pieces of advice to lose the “baby” fat it would be:
1) Focus on diet. You may think you eat well, but you really don’t know what you eat until you start writing it down.
2) Educate yourself on what is most nutritious for you. For example, I just posted a great comparison between Yoplait and Chobani yogurt and the differences are huge!
3) Be intense about your workouts. If you are talking to a friend or engaged in a movie while training, then you’re not feeling enough ‘pain’. Make sure your heart rate is beating anywhere between 130-180 bpm. Track your heart rate using your finger and holding it against your side neck.
4) Set long term and short term goals. I’m all about 30 pounds in 3 months and losing just 2-3lbs per week to get there!
5) Create a successful environment. Remove all the junk food. Prepare your meals. Make fitness dates with friends and be around healthy people!
– Okay, I’m going to bed now. Goodnight.