All last week I was recovering from my shoulder injury. It was terrible! Even when I stood or sat, I can feel the weight of my upper body place too much pressure on my shoulder blade and it HURT! When I ran just a little, it would start to irritate me. When I walked, I would feel the pain later…
I didn’t complete my workout goals. However, I did try to workout as much as I could. Right now I’m really unmotivated…so knowing my psyche pretty well I have found that:
– working out with other people motivates me
– working out at night is easier than the morning
– working out in group exercise classes is easier than doing cardio alone
So last week I worked out with my girlfriend twice, then did a kickboxing class on Saturday. I ended up training around 5 times (I include my mom-me fit club workouts) and while I didn’t lose weight, my goal isn’t to lose weight right now. I mainly want to just maintain.
Since my back is still hurting, I probably still can’t perform any weights or running. However, I REALLY want to focus on being active every day!
I don’t want to write out my schedule because I don’t want to disappoint myself – but I do know what I plan on doing this week:
– Do something active every day
– Cardio 30-45 minutes 6 time this week
– Workout with girlfriend’s as much as possible
– Walk with baby and dog as much as possible
– Eat well, drink a lot of water
– Focus on recovery
this is after a large meal last night.
Before my injury, my side obliques were finally starting to peek 🙁