This entire week I’ve been working….waking at 6am and working until 7pm. In addition to my work, I still have meetings, appointments, my mom(me!) club, working out and the baby to tend to every single day.
Today was actually the first day I actually woke up early and trained at 5am. I’ve been desiring to train in the morning all week but failed to complete that goal NOT because my body wasn’t used to waking up that early …but moreover because my body wasn’t used to being sooo busy throughout the day. When I arrive home at 7,8 or 9pm I only have a couple hours to update sites, answer emails, check on news, do some laundry, wash dishes and prepare for tomorrow.
While I’m busy – I actually LOVE it. I love pressure to get things done….while I’ve always wanted to be a ‘stay at home mom’ I knew that I’d be too bored and needed something to fulfill me professionally. I consider myself a ‘working stay at home mom’
SO – you see, this week has been incredibly busy for me. The next upcoming weeks don’t look to open either 🙁 BUT I’m okay with that! As long as I get my 5am workout in, eat when I’m supposed to, breastfeed a few times a day, get all my work done and come home to a clean house (I’m a neat freak) then I’m a happy camper!
Last week my goal was to run 10 miles….and to be honest with y’all…I really didn’t think I could do it. After some persuasion from David, I completed my first three miles with him and the baby Thursday night. The following day I ran four miles at the gym and on Saturday (despite being in Carmel for the weekend) I was able to run three miles in the morning. Yay!!!!
There a few things I thought about while trying to complete the 10-mile goal:
1) First and foremost, I thought about the promise I made to myself and how I didn’t want to feel like a failure.
2) Secondly, I wanted to be a positive role model for the thousands of fitnesscure.com readers.
3) I could FEEL the difference in my body and I KNEW it was the right thing to do.
Lately I’ve been getting tons of comments from people regarding how good I’m looking. In fact, yesterday while shopping for a Father’s day gift, I managed to splurge on some items for my new wardrobe as most of my clothes are not fitting correctly anymore….another big yay!
My goal this week is simple:
1. Run 10 miles total (I already ran 7 miles as I write this)
2. Perform strength training 3x this week (I only did it once last week – but I knew I couldn’t be perfect all around! I’ve already done it 2x this week)
3. Eat minimal carbs at night (I think this has been one of the MOST effective ways to lose weight)
4. Drink plenty of water (that reminds me, I should drink some RIGHT NOW)
5. Abs after every workout (I rarely work my abs…so this will be interesting)
This weekend I’m off to Reno! Have a wonderful weekend y’all!
The hotel gym…I WANTED to sleep in – but I needed to get my goal done!
After my run…21 weeks after giving birth.