My son is going to be five months this week and summer is arriving soon. It’s a new month, a new week and a new morning…time for great reflections as I prepare for the fitness journey ahead.
Well – my weight hit a plateau this past month. While my weight didn’t move, my body still felt different. My waist is smaller, some areas are tighter and clothes (especially jeans) feel a lot better. Even though I still worked out and ate right, I DO have to say: that I could’ve done better. I typcially have FREE eating weekends (instead of one day) that usually begins around Friday night. Also – even though I work out 5-6 days a week, I don’t weight train consistently or push myself longer or harder during cardio.
Here are my thoughts about these past 5 months since giving birth:
1) I firmly believe you can get back to pre-pregnancy shape within 12 weeks as long as you maintained a good diet and exercise routine.
2) While 20lbs came off almost instantly (I gained 35 pounds) The last 15lbs were actual pounds that I worked to get off! AND that was exercise and eating right.
3) Eating has been the HARDEST thing for me as I am breastfeeding. I never know if I’m eating enough. I also think that exercise HAS effected my milk supply.
4) Getting muscle strength back in my abs have been pretty hard…but now I see my abs again and am confident that by the end of summer I’ll have a nice four pack.
5) Another BIG challenge is getting up and working out. THIS morning for example, I laid in bed and played with my baby.
SO!!!! My goals are changing now that it is summer time, I am DONE with this plateau, and since I’m partially letting go of breastfeeding. (I’m tired of him suffering because of me!)
1) Drink A LOT of water throughout the day
2) Eat 5-6 small meals
3) Last meal includes NO carbs (less than 10 grams)
4) Lose 2lbs/week
5) Circuit train hard 3x week.
6) Perform abs almost every time I workout (right now I never perform abs)
7) Stretch MORE!
SO! Today I haven’t figured out when I’m going to get to the gym – (even though I’m STILL not that motivated) But, I WILL get it done!
Happy June everyone.
with my son a couple weeks ago at a pool party.