I made Baked Eggplant Fries. I didn’t have panko breadcrumbs so I used a tempura batter mix (I do not know why I have this in my cupboard). It was very simple to make and was very tasty! Hubby LOVED it. The kids….took a little bit to catch on!
I found the recipe here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch thick ‘fries’
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Dredge the eggplant slices in the flour, dip them in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, parmensan, thyme salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant slices on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.