I am in LOVE with this recipe found in the book, “The Part-Time Vegan”. I was sent this book to review a couple years ago and I love the concept as I feel like I’m a part-time person in the vegan diet, paleo diet and gluten-free diet! Making “fries” in the oven is always a little hard as you don’t want them to come out too soft and you must have realistic expectations as it will NOT taste like real fries. However, when you eat clean and don’t really like the taste of oily fries anyways, this is the best recipe for you! The boys also loved it! Another big plus!
Here are my tips:
– slice the sweet potato into thin fry pieces. The thicker it is, the more softer it will turn out as it will take longer to bake.
-turn them around 15 minutes in so that it bakes and crisps on both sides evenly.
– play with your oven temperature. Sometimes I start at 400 degrees, then raise it to 430 degrees to see if the temperature will make it a wee more crispier.
2 large sweet potatoes, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit
2. Spread out fries on a cookie sheet and brush with olive oil on all sides
3. In a bowl, combine all the spices and sprinkle over fries
4. Cook for 10 minutes (it says this but I actually cook for 20) and turn once.