I made this on Thanksgiving and it was dee-lish!!!! It only took 20 minutes to make and tastes just like the real thing…texture and everything! I promise.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.
SERVES: 4; Calories: 149; Total Fat: 11.5 grams; Saturated Fat: 7 grams; Protein: 5 grams; Total carbohydrates: 8 grams; Sugar: 4 gramsl; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 31 milligrams; Sodium: 170 milligrams